Do you love teaching through inquiry learning methodology? Are passionate about EdTech? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment, where every day presents a new challenge? Are you available to work in the GMT-3/ET time zone starting in January 2023?
You are an experienced educator who uses and adopts new technologies quickly. You are excited by the opportunity to build the future of primary education, using data and research to guide your decisions. You are an active listener who thrives when collaborating with various key players, both internal and external to bina. You want to ensure that every child receives precisely the education they need.
bina is a digital primary school, offering real-time precision education for 4–8 year-olds across the globe. Micro classes of just six students who learn synchronously with highly qualified teachers. We are designing our digital education to adapt to the learner and offer precision education in a transnational setting. The structure of learning units is built by the content team with consistent feedback and revisions from teachers based on specific class needs. Our teachers curate lessons that fit their students' interests and pace. We’re building a cohesive educational experience by curation and integration of ed-tech tooling, research and content. With it, we offer valuable real-time feedback and hyper-adaptive learning paths. We call it "Precision Education."
We are looking for you if,
You love working with children. You are looking to support teachers in an online school environment. You enjoy a workspace where we iterate quickly and are adaptable to quick iterations. You are excited by technology and can adapt quickly to new tools. You are an active listener who thrives when collaborating with various key players, both internal and external to bina. You want to ensure that every child receives precisely the education they need. You are available full time to support teachers in the GMT-3/ET time zone.
What you will be responsible for:
- Support our teachers in providing an outstanding educational experience for every student (and their support system).
- Contribute to content curation and creation, you collaborate with other educators to perfect your craft.
- Supervise and provide support to small groups as directed.
- Collaborative work with adults and children.
- Provide feedback on systems and processes that will make future bina classrooms run more smoothly.
- Attend meetings and contribute to building the education team.
- Keep the ethical implications of your work at the forefront of your mind.
What you can expect:
- A problem and mission-driven company.
- All the expected goodies of an early-stage startup.
- A transparent and friendly company culture.
- Freedom to learn and participate in company strategy and growth
- Work closely with the founders and management team
- Be a part of a company that is trying to do the right thing and make a difference
- Experience working with children aged 4 - 8, ideally in an educational environment
- Teaching Assistant Certificate (NVQ2/NVQ3 or equivalent) or higher
- Enthusiastic to test new tools and digital offerings in Edtech
- Intercultural awareness to ensure bina classrooms are diverse and inclusive spaces.
- The drive to continuously grow and learn with ongoing training and support.
- A mindset which reflects the values, ethics and morals of bina.
- Fluency in English. Additional language proficiency is a plus.
Does that sound like you? Join us!
Kindly send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.